An update on Online Ordering thru GINO

by Regina 25. July 2011 05:25

[EDIT on 8/1/11: Palo Alto is now ready to accept your online orders!]

Thank you to all our customers who have been ordering food online thru GINO! Today is the two-week anniversary of our launch, and we're very happy to say that a good number of you have been taking advantage of this online feature. We've gotten some feedback but would love to hear more. If you have any suggestions or would like to see something changed, please leave us a comment either here on this post or on GINO's feedback page.

Some of you have asked us to add drinks and more dessert options to the online menu. Actually, we've thought about it before but we decided against it because we didn't want to make the menu too lenghthy. In keeping with the website's name, Get In N Out, we wanted the whole process to be quick and easy. Instead of scrolling through what would seem like a never-ending list of our products, we opted that it would be easier for you to just order at the register when you picked up your order. What do you guys think? Would it be better to list all of our drinks and desserts on the page too, even if it might be a little hard to find the exact product you want?

In the next couple of weeks we will be accepting payment through the website as well, so picking up your order will be a complete breeze. That way you won't have to wait when you get to the store to pay, all you'll have to do is walk up to the counter to pick up your food. GINO also has an iPhone app coming soon, and we'll keep you posted on that as well.

For those of you who tried out GINO and are still using it, thank you! For anyone who used GINO and have stopped using it, please tell us about your experience and what we can do to make it better. For our Palo Alto customers, don't worry, we haven't forgotten about you! Online ordering for Palo Alto will be available later on this week with Saratoga following shortly after.

To stay up to date, follow us on our Twitter or on GINO's twitter.

Comments (6) -

Fabien
Fabien
9/23/2011 3:34:48 PM #

Hi

Interresting post here may come back soon
Keep like this

Ronnie
Ronnie
12/11/2011 6:11:14 AM #

I constantly emailed this weblog post page to all my associates, since if like to read it next my links will too.

order
order
3/18/2012 11:39:41 PM #

Thank you very much for publishing this information. This post is awesome. I really love to read and follow this blog. Thank you very much

liza blaney
liza blaney United States
5/6/2012 10:46:08 AM #

tried to order a cake but was sent to GINO which doesn't do cakes.  My issues with ordering over the phone is that they have mispelled 3 names  5 times in 5 years.  Yes - names like Liza (really hard - Lisa is the more common spelling all over the work - z as in zebra or should I say sebra), Eric (Erik is obviously the correct spelling), and Dan (Dam - really?). So I guess I can't order the cake?  Or I should drive in?  Or I should call and request an email - which they don't support - showing the spelling?

The Lady Regina is the best cake in Northern California but put your own message on it.

liza blaney
liza blaney United States
5/6/2012 10:48:49 AM #

anyone not hired to post an upbeat message?  anyone tried to actually order something?

regina
regina United States
5/8/2012 3:04:34 AM #

Hi Liza,

Thank you for your comments and let me apologize on behalf of the decorating staff for misspelling names on your cakes. I hope you know that of course it wasn't our intention, and I'm sorry it has happened to you multiple times. I will speak to the Counter-Help associates in hopes of avoiding this problem in the future. If you'd feel more comfortable, you are welcome to fax us your order at any of our stores or place the order without writing first then wait until pick up to designate the writing on the cake. That way we you can write out exactly the writing you'd like and we can add it for you on the spot. Hope this is helpful and my apologies again for your less-than-perfect experiences.

I'm not exactly sure what you meant by your second comment but I do want to clarify our partnership with GINO was never intended for ordering our cakes online. GINO's services for us are limited to our lunch menu only.

Thank you again! We appreciate your feedback.

Regina